20:37
0
Recently, there have been rumors that Stephen Chan has resigned as General Manager of TVB and will be leaving the company in May. Yesterday, while attending an RTHK event, Stephen denied the rumors and re-emphasized that he is very happy working at TVB so he is not planning to leave any time soon. In addition, he also helped clarify rumors regarding Amigo Chui and Natalie Tong, pointing out that the 2 of them did NOT get back together.

With regard to the rumors of him resigning, Stephen feels that it may be because of an interview he did awhile back ago. “Back in 2008, after returning from my Arctic trip, I did an interview in which I said something along the lines of ‘once a person has reached a certain age, he will undoubtedly start thinking about his future and see if perhaps he should be doing a particular job.’ Also, last year, during the stage production of "Be My Guest", when Dodo Cheng had asked me whether I would leave TVB one day, I also gave an answer similar to the above – perhaps that is how the rumors of my departure started.”

When asked if he has been approached by other companies inviting him to join, Stephen laughed, but did not respond for about half a minute. (Since you didn’t respond, does that mean you are admitting it?) Stephen laughed and responded: “No! No! No!...I haven’t responded to you yet!” When the reporter asked for a 3rd time, Stephen finally admitted that no other companies have approached him yet – he also emphasized that if he does decide to leave, he will definitely announce it. (Then why have you not been ‘out and about’ as much lately?) Stephen responded: “If there is a suitable event, then I will definitely be in attendance.” (The company does not like it when you appear in public a lot?) “No such thing – in fact, they like it a lot! The company needs someone to relay information [to the public].”

Regarding the rumors about Amigo Chui and Natalie Tong getting back together, Stephen clarified: “Amigo told me that they did NOT get back together. That day, they just happened to be at the same hair salon. Based on my understanding, they are just friends.” As for when Amigo will resume working? Stephen said it all depends on whether Amigo wants to and whenever he is ready emotionally.

Source: Mingpao
Translation: llwy12 @ AsianFanatics

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét