05:19
0
Last night, 63 year old "fan princess" Connie Chan Po Chu cried as she said her last goodbye to her 98 year old adoptive mother "Pink Palace" (Real Name: Yiu Si Kwan) who suddenly passed away. Connie even bravely stepped up to the stage and completed 3 shows to her Chinese Opera performance. The night before, Connie appeared for the "陳寶珠「俏.柳.紅.梅」粵劇折子戲賀新春" Chinese Opera performance at Hong Kong Coliseum, where Pink Palace came to support her daughter. However, before the show started, she was feeling unwell and was quickly sent to the hospital where she could not be revived. Suddenly the mother-daughter were separated by the Ying and Yang between the stage and audience area. It was only after Connie completed the show that she found out that her mother passed away, she rushed to the hospital, but was too late in seeing her mother for the last time.

Yesterday Connie and her family held a press conference, she expressed that she will uphold the teachings that her mother gave her, to do well on her own part and be responsible. She will temporarily put her grief away to complete her stage work before handling her mother's funeral.

She said: "Really thank all friends, audience and the media for the continuous support and love. What happened last night (the 24th) was very sudden. But I know my mother left peacefully and my heart feels calmer knowing that. My mother has taught me since I was young to always do well on my own part, be responsible. I currently still have jobs on hand, so I will temporarily put my private matters down and focus on my work first. I hope everything will be perfect, providing an explanation to all supporting friends, audience and fans. After the shows are completed, I will definitely keep the public updated on my mother's funeral."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét