20:07
0
With almost 200 actors from three lands on both sides of the strait, BEGINNING OF THE GREAT REVIVAL yesterday held a premiere press conference and ceremony in Beijing. Directors Han Sanping and Huang Jianxin led actors Chow Yun Fat, Zhao Benshan, Liu Ye, Feng Yuanzheng, Li Qin, Dong Jie, Li Chen, He Ping, Zhou Jie, Nie Yuan, Fan Bingbing, Ye Xuan, Liu Tao and others in an appearance.

Han Sanping and Huang Jianxin even talked about the actors' performances in the film. Han Sanping said, "This time we invited 178 actors. Despite most appeared in special performances or cameos, some even had to take time off from their original productions, now the film is finally completed after a year. I hope to thank all actors through today." Huang Jianxin even "exposed" Fat Gor, "Before this press conference something very surprising to me happened. Before we communicated with the actors the situation of attending the press conference, Chow Yun Fat took the initiative to ask us about it. Something so minor touched all of us particular. With their great support, I believe BEGINNING OF THE GREAT REVIVAL will definitely become a new milestone for national films."

As for Chow Yun Fat and Zhao Benshan the two "Beiyang Warlords" made their first appearance. When Chow Yun Fat received the role of Yuan Shikai, Huang Jianxin asked him specifically to "have to perform a different feel". Fat Gor said, "At the time Director Huang Jianxin chatted with me specifically, saying that I must not bring shades of Huang Silang (his LET THE BULLETS FLY character) to Yuan Shikai. In addition I couldn't play Yuan Shikai as an absolute villain. Thus we studied for a long time about this character. For all of my scenes, Director Han would watch on the set. So I could sense how important this character was to him."

However, Fat Gor did not forget to "complain". "In order to play this character, before the shoot I didn't eat everyday. I relied on water to replenish my energy." He revealed, "I feel this time Director Han had a grudge with me, all the subordinates he arranged for me had problems. Zhao Benshan, Feng Gong, Fan Wei were joking around on the set everyday, no wonder when I was the President the country would be such a mess!" Fat Gor also joked, "In the film I had eight wives, in the end I didn't even see one." Fat Gor's "complaints" left Han Sanping scrambling to explain, "Actually you had 'scenes' with them, but in that scene your Yuan Shikai passed away so you didn't see them."

Playing Duan Qirui, Zhao Benshan said, "This time I had many scenes with Fat Gor, from him I could sense his serious confidence on this character. Our collaboration was very pleasant. On the set we also often made fun of him." Playing Mao Zedong, Liu Ye expressed deep regret about unable to work with Fat Gor. "Fat Gor and I have worked together before, but I always had the feeling of not having enough. So this time I very much regretted not having any scene with Fat Gor."

As for the box office, Han Sanping confidently said, "BEGINNING OF THE GREAT REVIVAL is better than FOUNDING OF A REPUBLIC." Huang Jianxin said, "I believe BEGINNING OF THE GREAT REVIVAL's box office will definitely excessive FOUNDING OF A REPUBLIC's." After the shoot wrap, two directors went their separate ways. This press conference was the two directors' first meeting in half a year. Han Sanping also said, "Currently the U.S., Canada, Australia, and several dozen nations overseas rights have been signed. The film's international version was already completed. Actually recently we have been very happy and thanked all of BEGINNING OF THE GREAT REVIVAL hard working people."

Source: singtao, takungpao
Translated by: hktopten

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét