08:55
0

On June 26th, Nicholas Tse attended the press conference for the release of his new movie <<Treasure Inn>> in Beijing. This was Nic’s first official public appearance in front of the media since rumors of his marriage to Cecilia Cheung being over first surfaced almost a month ago.

After the press conference ended, Nic remained on stage by himself to face the Media and officially ‘explain’ the issues that have surfaced regarding his marriage.


Nicholas Tse’s statement to the Media:

First of all, I would like to apologize to the cast and crew of <<Treasure Inn>>, as today’s event is supposed to be focused on the movie. After almost a month, today I have chosen this particular platform to give everyone an explanation. With all of the rumors and speculations out there, it is not a good thing for either side, so I hope that after my explanation today, things will quiet down. I’m not good at expressing myself – people who know me understand this. Even though I do not allow newspapers or magazines in my home, I have been the subject of interest of most Media outlets for the past month – this I do know.

When I see all the negative reports related to me, of course I am unhappy; when the negative reports are about my wife, I am also unhappy because when people criticize my wife, it also reflects badly upon my two boys, as they are still young and when they grow up, they will undoubtedly read the reports and wonder why things happened this way. Today, I admit that there are definitely problems in my marriage…my wife grew up in a single parent family and I did as well, however neither of us ever expressed any hatred toward our parents for this. When our first son Lucas was born, both of us were in agreement that we didn’t want to follow our parents’ paths, so our hope was that our son would not grow up in a ‘broken’ family. Unfortunately, today I don’t know how we will continue on together.

If today, you ask me if I still love that person [Cecilia], and if I miss her, I will honestly tell you that I love her and I miss her, but I do not know how to continue on this road together. Even though I heard a couple days ago that she had given an interview and in it had burst out at me, however, yesterday, the two of us were in contact via phone text messages – she [Cecilia] told me that she still loves me and misses me – I believe it, I believe it! This gave me confidence that in the future, no matter what type of ‘relationship’ we will have, both of us are committed to finding a suitable and steady environment for our kids to grow up. We are already adults – in the future, no matter what type of relationship we have, whether it’s love or hate, fighting or killing, we will take care of the matter amongst ourselves, you guys [Media] don’t need to worry about it. I hope that after today, things [in the Media] related to us will return to being work-related. Thank you!


Translator's Note: Below is a translation of Nic’s statement to the Media. The link to the video of his speech is in the spoiler caps below, for those who understand Mandarin and would like to hear his words directly. Video of Nicholas's speech

Source: Sina News
Translated by: llwy12@ AsianFanatics

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét