21:05
0
In a blink of an eye, the Ah Sa (Charlene Choi), who was once only 18 years old in our eyes, has already been in showbiz for 10 years. This year it is her and the Twins duo 10th anniversary. 28 year old Ah Sa has reached a peak in her career and has hit rock bottom before because she hid her failed marriage. However, Ah Sa possesses the Hong Kong people's characteristic --- face all situations, so she was able to survive through the tough times. And she gets back with her partner Ah Gil (Gillian Chung), coming out as Twins again.

10 years ago, on May 18th Twins made their debut. The two girls were on stage for the first time singing and dancing. In the beginning, they were able to make a circus in their performances, but now in a blink of an eye it has already been 10 years, and in reality they can only sigh on how fast time flew by.

Friendship with Ah Gil put to the test

We watched Twins' 10 years fly by, but getting through these 10 years was absolutely not easy for them. From not knowing each other at all to starting to communicate to sharing awards and common interest, jealousy and having a knot in the heart, until they start holding back the wind and rain together, were they able to experience that they are 1/2 of Twins. There was also no lack of a test in their friendship in these 10 years. The most important is that they both didn't complain that either of their personal lives dragged down their career. Instead, they understood without the other "Twin" there won't be the Twins today.

Ah Sa is busy shooting movies, while Ah Gil is busy shooting Mainland TV series, but the two treats their 10 year anniversary extremely seriously. Starting from May, the two drops their jobs because "Twins needs to get back together".

Personal views pours into new album

This time for Twins 10th anniversary, how is the preparations going?

Ah Sa said: "First off, the most important is to release our Mandarin album, in memory our 10 year experiences. One of the songs is produced by Ah Gil and I, it has a very special meaning. For this anniversary, Ah Gil and I had already started having meetings with our company last year. I feel that it is something very different from the past. Ah Gil and I have a stronger leadership role in our album, and we happen to hold the same view. We have a lot of new ideas that we want to do. Before in the crew's eyes, we were always little girls that had no authority. Even if we had ideas and got rejected, we won't insist further on them, but this time the crew even said: 'you two have good ideas.' Of course, in the last few years I have been out and saw more of the world, and we both released our own solo albums, it is even more clear what belongs to Twins."

Change of image, devotion does not change

In the 10 years, what do you think is the greatest change and what didn't change?

Ah Sa thought for a moment, before she said: "The greatest change is our image. When I look back to our old pictures, I felt it's really interesting, wah! Before we had that image? That frightening? Haha, but its well worth the aftertaste, that was the course of events. As to what didn't change for us, that should be our devotion to 'Twins'. I think no matter how far Twins get in the future, we will not think of us as solo artists and give up on Twins." Ah Sa had pursued her solo career in the last two years, having accomplishments in both the music and film industry. However, after all that still does not compare to having Ah Gil by her side, that sense of security.

"The chemistry effect on Twins is that we have a strong power on stage together. Ah Gil being by my side, we have one eye contact, one key, one action, we have a lot of chemistry. There is nothing else to say, I will be sisters with Ah Gil forever."

Heard that you turned down two movies and stage performances to get Twins back together. In the two months of promotions, you at least lost 7 figures, that doesn't hurt?

"If I chose to shoot the movies, then it is impossible for me to make the Twins 10th anniversary event happen. So the premise is Twins, it's worth everything."

Hope for a Hong Kong Coliseum show at age 60

Besides the album, will there be a concert too?

"Of course I hope so, the best would be able to shoot movies too. But these things, leave it to my company to arrange. To me, this year is already a special year. In the next 10, 20 or 30 years, when we are 60 years old, I want to open a Twins concert. That should be a very memorable record!" If that time the audience that come to the Twins concert are over 60 too, we will cherish the memory and sing Male Student in All Girls' School (女校男生), Clear Love & Crush Tutor Group (明愛暗戀補習社), Love Like A Slam Dunk (愛情當入樽), and Love Bigger than Sky (戀愛大過天). It should be a great feat!

Really want a SA Baby

When Ah Sa announced her relationship with William Chan, the public did not support the couple and thought that it was just a promotional tactic EEG used. After a half of year that went by, the two are still sweet sweet. Ah Sa is a generous girlfriend, no matter what her boyfriend William did, shooting movies, whatever he said or whatever action he took, she would appreciate it all. William also knows how to be her boyfriend, understanding that Ah Sa is in the Big Sister level, so he doesn't act like a big man and get jealous. He has always worked hard in his jobs and so the public started to accept that this couple is real.

"Strictly speaking, he is mentally more mature than I am. He has higher EQ than me. Before I appeared optimistic, but in fact I am a very discouraged person. He told me that I have to grasp on to the rainbow of life, what's important is living in the present. He got me to think straight, and since we have confidence in this relationship, why should we hide it? Before I would hide everything, in fact to me, it was a very difficult thing. (Are you feeling a lot better now?) Just like in interviews, I can say what I want to say."

Have you thought of marriage and having kids in the future?

She nodded: "Yes, of course. I really want to have 2 kids, I personally do not have any siblings, so I know how boring it is. There is no one to share my thoughts with and I actually really like kids."

Claims to be a good mother

Before was it because you didn't want to have kids, that your first marriage did not work out?

"I love babies and I have a god-daughter too. However, relationships is about timing. Whatever it is, should let nature take its course. After all, I will definitely have a baby after I get marry. I really want a SA Baby!" Ah Sa is in fact a big kid herself, everyone is often teasing that if she had a baby, will she be too busy looking at clothes and forget about her own baby? She said confidently: "Absolutely not, I will be a good mother!" We will all just have to wait to see how good a mother Ah Sa can be.

Epilogue: It's better to go in pairs

As an artist there will be lots of changes, but during promotions, they are constantly repeating and repeating: "I really like this song, this song has a special meaning... really like the character in this movie..." In a day they repeat that same statement 10 or 20 times. No matter how much they like that song or character, after repeating that many times, it will feel nothing to them. So Ah Sa said that she really likes to do Twins promotions with Ah Gil. She laughed as she said: "Because in an interview with two people, we can switch off. If today I didn't get enough sleep and is often losing my thoughts, then I can tell Ah Gil to keep the interview going. When it's her turn to be tired, I can take over. This way we won't be as tired." Fortunately this interview is done after Ah Sa got off work, so she can relax. Today, it was more of a chat than an interview, but several hours passed by quickly, work is done for Ah Sa.

Source: Mingpao [20/04/2011]
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét