22:00
0
Reality is always ironic. When mom is watching Sammul Chan on TV in TVB's Relic of an Emissary, dad is reading about him promoting an ATV program on the newspaper. Meanwhile, his younger siblings are on the internet rewatching his iCable interview. The same blood and flesh person appears on three different media. Sammul wins it all! Leaving 3 colored blood for several years and trained a good actor, although Sammul says Byebye to his maternal home, he does not regret: "I am very well-behaved in TVB! I am obedient, almost so obedient I didn't have friends! No, actually I have a lot of friends here, Stephen Chan treats me well!"

"Really worked so much can't even vomit"

Unfortunately, this 'obedient son' still decided to leave, Sammul said: "Before I left, I did a Mainland series, but we are still shooting series, how come one side I'm exhausted and the other side I get to rest? Although I am not telling you to shoot an art film, 100% spirit and mental state is required for a good production, we still need to have an explanation for the audience. Why do we not get to rest? If not in a good mental state, how can we make a good production? I don't understand why when shooting in Mainland, you get to rest and since it's like that, is it necessary for me to endure this pressure?" He continued: "Sometimes I worked until it's like beyond vomiting, not actually vomiting, but really am exhausted. So exhausted that I want to sleep all the time. On the next day I am scared I won't be able to get up! I remember when I was shooting The Academy, there was a lot of physical labor, once there's free time, I would lie down to sleep. Ron Ng, Fiona Sit and I would go out running for a round and then once there is time, we would nap. After work, we had to go back again early in the morning and do the same thing over again. Oh My God!"

Denies becoming ignorant

Sammul is a practical person. He feels work and salary should be directly proportional. Unfortunately things do not turn out that way: "The salary in Mainland is enough for me to use, no longer do I need to worry about not being able to pay off my car or house. I don't have to worry about giving housekeeping money to mom and don't have any left for myself! Thinking back, that day when I was in some room at TVB and they gave me a contract to sign, I said it's so many pages and it's all in English, I should be able to take it home and look at it. Unexpectedly, the next day they said I have to decide immediately. I said it's a big event in life! Let me think about it! Later they didn't contact me again! In fact, it's not too bad, I am pretty happy now!"

When speaking of his freedom outside of TVB, Sammul's lip raises up: "In fact before I was pretty comfortable, but after leaving it's much better. At least I don't have to see the colleagues I don't like anymore, and can see how the outside productions are like. See different things out there!"

Epilogue: TV King, when is it my turn?

TV King or money, what does he choose? Despite having proponents on both sides, Sammul goes practical again: "It's more important to have something to eat! TV King gives you fame, although you get more money, but there is only one TV King a year, when will it be my turn? If I can't earn money now, then should I suffer until I become TV King and then earn the money? But, going out to work is risky too, it's like buying stocks, it is possible I will fail!"

Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét