22:39
0




Talking about love on Valentine's Day is best to find a lover. Power Chan and Mimi Lo are married for a little over a year and are still as intimate as ever. During the interview, the couple suddenly kisses when they were eating, Mini grabbed a piece of beef and fed her husband. A very sweet couple.

Mimi suggested for cohabitation

Mimi has dated 3 times, all 3 times she was the one who pursued the men, including Power Chan. At the time, they were shooting Lofty Waters Verdant Bow, where they played a couple. When me are serious into their work, they are especially charming. Mimi saw that Power only needed to glance over the script and he would remember the lines, even the lines of his co-star, she began to deeply admire him. She fell in love with hime both in and out of the series.

"I really admired him. I had feelings for him, why not take some initiative? I will not wait for people to pursue me. Hong Kong men are rather shy, after work I would say that it's convenient for me to give him a lift. In fact, it was not convenient at all, he lived in Tuen Mun."

She believes that men and women are equal. The girl pursuing the guy is easier to get together. Not even a month of dating, Mimi already wanted to cohabit with him and she was the one who suggested it.

"I felt bad for him, he lived so far away in Tuen Mun. Sometimes he would get home at 4am. Just take a shower and it's back to TVB City because we start working at 6 am. It is basically not a life someone could live in, so why not find a place in Sai Kung and live together."

Mimi herself couldn't explain why she did that. She had always been a filial daughter living with her parents. Then one day she wanted to move out, upsetting her mother. Her mother stopped talking to her for a while.

"Before when I dated, I wasn't like that. It was like I had the "princess illness" that my boyfriend had to save me. I don't know why, when I first met Power, I felt I had the responsibility to look after this person. I knew he liked to drink milk tea, so I would buy a cup everyday and have it delivered to the studio for him. Not even a month of dating, I already felt that I had to take care of his meals and drinks, so he won't get sick. It's a weird feeling."

Father-In-law cries that daughter is marrying

During their 7 year cohabitation, forgetting for what reason that they had arguments, but Mimi took her 3 cats along with her and moved back with her mother. Not long after, Mimi couldn't help but give Power a call to ask: "Why didn't you come pick me up?" He reacted calmly: "You left on yout own, I'm feeling very comfortable home alone." Later , he started the car and went to pick her up. Their relationship turmoils resembles an ending you would see in a comedy series.

When Mimi and Power got married last year, Mimi's father was feeling sad that his daughter was getting married, so he threw a tantrum: "You are already helping someone else that fast? You don't love your father anymore?" His tantrum just came out and Mimi blamed that her father ruined her wedding, but he wouldn't apologize. The groom then had to come in and be the middle man.

Power said: 'Turns out that Father-in-law couldn't sleep for a few months because he knew his daughter was going to get married. I patted him on the shoulder and comforted him "don't feel that you lost your daughter, actually you just got a son." Immediately after, Mimi's father embraced Power in tears. At the wedding, when he gave his daughter's hand to Power, he 'ordered' him to take good care of Mimi. Power nodded, but that wasn't enough, Mimi's father wanted to hear him say "I will"

The 43 year old Power is older than his wife by several years, so he calls her "BB". No matter if it's acting or life principles, he is her instructor, often lecturing her.

Mimi said: "Last Tuesday, February 4th was Power's birthday. That day it was also the second day of Chinese New Year. That evening, I said to Power 'Happy Birthday'. He said: "It's enough that I have you, my birthday wish is for you to be happy." He really is a very good husband....aiya, I feel like crying."

Experiencing the Financial Crisis

The couple both had their ups and downs in their careers, so they have learned to let go of many things that happen in life. In 1997, Power was majority affected by the financial crisis and had a major drop of income. Later, he had some health issues and underwent 2 surgeries in w week, almost losing his life.

Even now, sometimes Mimi would comment that the entertainment circle is not fair, but then Power gives her a lecture. He said: "Society is basically not fair, but happiness is fair, just as long as you know to appreciate. I was in Malaysia shooting a series once, I saw the local children playing with a toy car that had a missing wheel, but they still played happily. I saw them and could not help my tears, their happiness is actually just the same as a person who buys a brand name sports car for their pleasure."

Unpopular in the Music Industry

Mimi also had a tough time in her music career. Since she was young, she always had a dream to become a singer. Finally she got a chance to enter the industry after participating in a singing contest. Her first song Challenger was composed by Mark Lui and won her the Newcomers Bronze award. The gold award went to Kelly Chen.

"When having a meal with Mark Lui, suddenly Aaron Kwok joined the table, I really couldn't believe in my dreams."

However, that time the music industry focused more on looks rather than singing skills. The promotion staff didn't distribute her pictures, the MV director kept praising that she had a pretty neck and shoulder, but didn't really get her close up shots on camera. She admitted to life and assumed that she was 'ugly'.

After releasing 2 albums, her record label had some dispute with another label, Paco Wong told her: "There is in fact a problem with your manager, we can't release any more albums." Her manager also wouldn't sign the contract, so she was forced to change careers.

7 Cats, No babies

The couple has a relationship resembling a mentor-student: "I admire him so much because I feel he's very mature and taught me a lot in many different aspects of life."

At home, the couple has 7 cats that they love like their own children. Friends ask them if the 7 cats are enough for them and that they don't need children?

Power said: "We are very open. Last night before we went to bed, we talked about this bacuase a friend brought their baby to have dinner at out house. I happily played with the baby and then she asked me 'Honey, do you want a baby too? I answered 'No' it's because that baby doesn't cry, so he's fun fun to play with. We both have the same thought, if we have a baby, one of us will not work anymore and focus on being the caregiver."

Die First

Lover fear of losing their other half from death and afraid that if they die first, their other half will lose their loved one.

Power said to Mimi: "I hope you die first because so I can take care of you until the very last moment of your life." Mimi said what she felt inside: "I also have this thought because I feel that losing him will be very painful, don't know how I will live on."

Power comforted her: "Sometimes we talk about how we will face death, it's not a positive thing to talk about, but should be mentally prepared. Before we were married, we had a 9 year old cat, [he/she] was her second cat, but unfortuantely passed away from an illness. Mimi was very sad, but I told her: "We treated [him/her] very well during [his/her] lifetime, very happy and active life. There are no regrets.' Our most loved will eventually leave us one day. She's currently by my side, I will cherish her presence even more."

Source: Mingpao Weekly Issue #2205 (Credit: TVBChannel)
Translator: aZnangel@AEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét