21:22
0
Twenty years ago it was Alan Tang who invested in Wong Kar Wai's film Days of Being Wild, which solidified his position as a leading director in the film industry. Yesterday, WKW accepted an interview and spoke highly of his old boss. "He has always been my big brother and will always remain as my big brother. In my eyes, he was healthy and always in good spirits. When I heard the news of his passing, it came as a shock to me." WKW says that Alan Tang was a good boss and a good friend. "He was the first person who encouraged me to become a director. He would also take time to share his experience in filmmaking. My thoughts are with his family during this time."

Rebecca Pan also took part in the Days of Being Wild. She says, "I didn't know him very well. However, because Lydia Shum and I are both Shanghainese, we would occasionally meet up with everyone, including Alan Tang and his wife. I remember having conservations with him." She says that life has many strange coincidences. Just two days ago she took part in an event to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of Days of Being Wild. Now it's hard to believe that the film's producer and its biggest benefactor is no longer here.

Days of Being Wild was a film from the 90's. Just prior to that film, WKW and Alan Tang had collaborated together on the film As Tears Go By, which was a box office hit. Alan Tang decided to invest $40 million HKD into both Part 1 & 2 of Days of Being Wild. However, the film flopped at the box office and Part 2 was put on hold indefinitely. Surprisingly, critics loved the film and it garnered numerous film awards, including a Best Director Award for WKW. Alan Tang once spoke of his investment in the film. "If I had invested my money in stocks instead, I would have been a billionaire. However, I never once regretted my decision."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: sparkles_n15 @ AsianFanatics

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét