17:57
0
(Caption: Sammul - I will not sign an unfair contract)


In the recent years, many TVB FaDans and Siu Sangs are leaving the company to go up north to shoot series. Besides a benefit in expanding the Chinese market, the pay is much higher! Currently 32 years old, Sammul Chan joined the "Going Up North Army" last August and ends his relationship with TVB. A few days ago, Sammul accepted iCable's interview and revealed the reason behind his bitterness: "After my contract ended, I continue to discuss with TVB on a contract renewal. However because of a dispute for a small few 10HKD raise, it did not work out, so not worth it!" He reveals that he once considered becoming a TVB 'biological son' but because the conditions were harsh, he backed out: "An executive invited me to discuss a contract with them. In the terms, it clearly said that it would be a 10 year contract, but the salary will remain the same. I don't want to argue anything, but who would guarantee that no one will offer me other jobs in the next two years? At that time how can I live on?"


During the interview, Sammul spoke in Cantonese and felt it was refreshing: "Before, I was forced to speak Mandarin. Everytime I attended public events, I would hide and avoid being on camera, I;m clearly already on the big stage, what am I afraid of?" When speaking of once being part of the group along with Ron Ng, Bosco Wong and Kenneth Ma that was heavily promoted by TVB, seeing other people reaching up too, inside Sammul felt that it was not right. He said: "I clearly put in the effort on my work and was acknowledged by the audience, but my peers received awards after awards and I was to stand aside without saying anything. I wasn't even part of the nominations." He directly said that being 'obedient' is the way to survive in TVB: "I don't know how to do that!"


Regarding this matter, reporters contacted TVB Foreign Affair's Director (Tsang Sing Ming) to confirm. He said: "Sammul's contract did in fact already expired. He is now a freelance artist and our relationship is doing well. He even agreed to come back and promote for the upcoming new series. If he really does have opinions, then I will try to get an understanding."


Michael Tao: No reason for me to repsonsible for their faults


In fact, besides Sammul Chan upset about TVB's contract, there is also Michael Tao who once encountered TVB giving him an unreasonable contract! He reveals that back then, he signed a tw year contrtact with TVB and would shoot a 20 episode series per year, but he had to wait over a year before he got to shoot Sisters of Pearl. After his contract expired, he still had 10 episodes to complete. TVB unexpectedly told him to delay his contract for another half a year without any condition: "They said to treat it as a gift for TVB. I felt it was unreasonable, no reason for me to be responsible for their faults." Finally, TVB compensated the pay for 10 episodes and ended the issue. However, a few months later, TVB wanted to ask him to shoot another series, but requested that he first compensate beack the pay for those 10 episodes before the contract could continue! Michael said TVB crossed the line and he could not accept it. He said it was common sense to the reason why TVB artists are leaving: "Artists still need to support a family and work too!"


Source: The Sun

Translator: aZnangel@AEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét