15:16
0

HONG KONG: Former Hong Kong film actress Cherie Chung, who lost her husband advertising guru Mike Chu to stomach cancer four years ago, declared that she would not fall in love again in a recent magazine interview, reported Hong Kong media.

"He (Mike Chu) was such a perfect man, who else could be better than him?" said Chung, during her first formal media interview in three years.

The 51-year-old former actress added that she is too old for romance and is not someone who falls in love easily.

Chung expressed that her late husband Chu will be her only love this lifetime.

"I am blessed with all the love and concern showered [upon me] by the people around me. I do not need to enter another relationship to stay happy," said Chung.

When asked about the possibility of her making a comeback, Chung, who retired from showbiz in 1994, said it isn't going to happen.

"Those directors who approached me to star in their films should know that I won't take up their offer," said Chung.

"I feel that the scripts are not suitable for me and I am not moved by the stories."

"Shooting a film is a great sacrifice. You have to face the media, make changes to your life. I enjoy my life now, away from showbiz," she added.

Chung was one of the most popular Hong Kong actresses in the 80's and 90's, starring opposite Chow Yun-fat in the award-winning 1987 film "An Autumn's Tale" and Leslie Cheung in 1991's "Once a Thief".


Source: xin.msn
Translated by: mv_288 @ AsianFanatics

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét