19:28
0
* Original Article Images: [1], [2], [3]

To Raymond Wong, 2010 is in fact a prosperous year for him. His series When Lanes Merge, Can't Buy Me Love and the current No Regrets has done very well with good public response. Playing as Yeung Yeung in No Regrets, he loves his girlfriend and mother Fala Chen and Kara Hui with all his heart. Facing the flood of opportunities, Raymond admits that satisfaction is not measured with money. Now that TVB is giving him so many opportunities, of course he has to do his best to pay them back.

In No Regrets, he plays the straight police officer Yeung Yeung and has a romantic storyline with the illed and weak Lau Ching, played by Fala Chen. However, Fala is worried that she'll be a huge burden for Yeung Yeung, so she tries to keep her distance, but after going through so much together, they were finally able to be together. A few days ago, Raymond accepted an interview and admitted that he was moved by this sincere relationship: "Of all the series/movies I've filmed, I think this relationship is perfect, very moving. Tim Gor (Producer Lee Tim Shing) designed this romantic storyline because of Fala and I. In the series, I am Fala's guardian angel, after everyone finishes watching, should be a big surprise."

Raymond continued: "Basically this storyline cannot be done in modern drama. People nowadays can just give some flowers and say I love you, or for many people, their relationship develops on a bed. But, people living in the past, do not date just by kissing and call that romantic. This type of feeling is very subtle, can give up my life for you, or even risk my life to save you. If this situation happened in the modern era, audience would feel there is still someone like that now? Instead, during a time of world chaos, audience would be more convinced that this love exists, so will feel that it's amazing!"

To do well on the acting of this love story, Raymond studied it in detail, he said: "After a week of working, once we start shooting, I already think of myself as Yeung Yeung, that time I loved Fala with all my heart. Some people asked me if I'm afraid that I won't be able to get out of character, I said that I felt we are both clear and have mutual trust, plus the script was written well. Tim Gor told us not to think about it too much, everything should come out from within the heart, very simple, no need to make it up. Naturally the script will take you along. Fala and I are very familiar with each other, so we have extraordinary chemistry. We would ask each other if we could feel the feelings, this is very important because if even I can't move myself, then how will we be move the audience? Sometimes when we watch the playbacks, Fala would say she felt that I really loved her."

Raymond also promoted his relationship with his mother Kara Hui: "This series has heavy focus on ethics, like my mom (Kara) would definitely feel that if a girl is illed then she'll be a burden to me sooner or later. Though Mom really cares and loves that girl too, but she would still feel that it's two different things if she is your sister or wife. I would have trouble with this ethical issue. Also, of course I would look into detail on how the people of that time lived. Though I haven't really seen dead bodies during the time the Japanese invaded China, but still should know the mentality of how those people in the past felt. Should get to know background of that time period."

This year it is a prosperous year for Raymond, he's accepting series after series, towards this Raymond laughs: "My 10 year report card is seriously beautiful. No Regrets can be considered my representative work, I really am happy. Someone asked me if I ever thought about getting an award. I feel that awards are just secondary, most important is the feel of satisfaction and achievement, that money can't buy. There are so many people in the TV station, I am thankful for this type of opportunity. The sequels to 2009's highest rating series, I have a chance to participate in, I should be thankful right? Saying it in the old-fashioned way, if there is such opportunity, I should really go bid my life to pay TVB back? Though, TVB is my management company, but they give lots of great opportunities for me. I will definitely do my best to the best of my capabilities."

After high school graduation, Raymond was a model for a magazine over the summer break, then he was discovered by director Johnnie To and entered the industry in 1997 through Johnnie's directed film Lifeline. Until today, Raymond has been in over 40 films. Then, Raymond stepped into the TV industry, and has done several series for ATV, such as Light of Million Hope and Central Affairs. In 2007, he entered TVB and has been in Sweetness in the Salt, When Lanes Merge and Can't Buy Me Love that his performance has been praised.

Source: Apple Daily, TVB Weekly (image)
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét