21:12
0
NEXT: Next Magazine | NATALIE: Natalie Tong

NEXT: Shirley Yeung once had a golden label, but now it's shattered, you are the only one left currently.

NATALIE: What does that mean?

NEXT: Two years ago when we interviewed Shirley, she was angered that there was contempt on her boyfriend. Time changes everything. What I mean is, it is truly difficult to maintain a relationship, especially someone who had an affair that still has countless soldiers waiting.

NATALIE: Whether you believe it or not, Amigo and I really are separated. I enjoy my current single life. Aiya, I really don't know when I can detach myself from his name.

Amigo Chui

NEXT: What type of relationship do you have with Amigo Chui?

NATALIE: According to my personality, generally speaking, there is no way I can be friends with an ex. He is the only exception because we have been together for too long. We experienced life's most difficult and unhappy times together. In my heart, he is not just simply a boyfriend, but is part of my family, so much that he's like my guardian. I am not an expert in communicating with people, some people think I'm autistic. He is the one who told me, that I cannot go on like that. It is him that taught me how to handle situations. It is him that made me understand the mistake I made. It is him that allowed me become an adult. The public does not understand our relationship, only I do.

NEXT: What is so great about Amigo?

NATALIE: I am too quiet, so I hope my boyfriend is an out-going person. Amigo's strength is good speaking skills, he is a sweet talker and can easily make people happy.

NEXT: No hatred?

NATALIE: When I found out he had an affair, I did hate him before. I used a long period of time to reconcile. My mother's passing was the most difficult for me. It is not that I didn't hate before, but when you experience a parent passing away, you will realize that the pain love brought is not all that significant anymore. What's the big deal? Or is it when two people separate, then a person won't have to face themselves again? Relationships is elapsed. Will we start again? That is another story.

NEXT: With Amigo around, did this scared away many people?

NATALIE: I truly believe in fate. If you really had the heart to come get to know me, whatever I have by my side, you will still stay and you won't just leave so easily. If you truly love me, then you will definitely stay.

NEXT: You say it so free and easy, how about Amigo?

NATALIE: Honestly, there was a time in the past that we were a couple, so I must get an understanding of his views. There are many things that does not have be said and we already know.

NEXT: Seeing your situation now, is it a difficult time or are you nonchalant?

NATALIE: In the past whatever troubles I encounter, I would hope there be someone to help me. Now that I'm grown, I realize that for outcomes, you must rely on yourself on everything, you must help yourself. His path, of course he should move forward. Add oil.

Mother

NEXT: Your mother's passing was a huge impact on you?

NATALIE: She grew up in a large family in Fuzhou, and lived a good life. She is pretty too. Once she married to Hong Kong, her environment turned really bad. She wanted her children to live a better life or perhaps that was her personal need. My father opened a factory in China, my mom works as an insurance agent. My parents were often in a dispute over economic issues, and life was greatly pressuring. Finally, my mom moved out, and maybe only comes back once a week to see me. My father comes back once a month from China to see me. My 5 year older brother and I lived a life relying on each other. While growing up, what we needed most was our parents by our side to be our role models, but we did not have that at all. When I graduated from high school, I already lived on my own. My mom and I never really got along well. Until she was sick, we got closer. The heavens have it's own arrangements, very strange, before I was always in a relationship, but only that time I was single. I had time to drive her to the hospital every day. Thinking back, it feels like that was the happiest time of my life. We are very strange, we clearly love the person, but forever we will not cherish. My mom used to be a person who holds a grudge more than she remembers the kind acts of people. She did not live a happy life, so I feel we should not complain too much in life. Forgiving a person is in fact far less difficult than imagined.

NEXT: Since it's less being together and more leaving, then why are you so deep in relationships?

NATALIE: Since youth to when I'm grown, my mom always thought I was a pretty girl. She's praises me day and night, and took me to audition for 430 Space Shuttle, so I can be a child star. She also encouraged me to go participate in Miss Hong Kong. I feel that's her dream, it is me who took the dream and put it on myself. So, when I was in elementary school, I wrote my aspiration was to be a model. Up until when I really started shooting ads, I was really excited. She was even happier than me. I lacked self-confidence because I wasn't like what she imagined me to be. I rebelled before, you wanted me to stand on stage, I insisted on being autistic. Eventually, I entered the industry mostly because I wanted to make my mom happy.

NEXT: Charlene Choi and Shawn Yue who were shooting Y2K with you are already soaring in their careers.

NATALIE: They developed well because they had a goal. I didn't. So watching them, I didn't even lose one bit. After Y2K, I went back to being a model, but I wasn't tall enough to do catwalks. Shooting commercials, there was a lack of a refreshing feel. Then I was arranged to audition for Heart of Fencing. From Y2K to Heart of Fencing, I had absolutely no improvement. At the time, Twins were already popular. I had no sense of crisis. While growing up, I never had anyone to teach me how to plan. During the Form 5 exam, I was sleeping and no one corrected me. Now, my career seems to be getting better. This is when I started not wanting to lose because it turns out that accomplishments in other areas basically do not make feel this practical.

NEXT: Already 30 and you just had a flash of realization now, you wasted a lot of time.

NATALIE: I remember clearly when I just entered TVB, hosting for K-100. I resisted a little at the time. A year later, I unexpectedly improved my pronunciations, ability to memorize scripts, and the sensitivity of facing cameras. In the TV station, everything relied on accumulation. There was a period of time that I really was lost and confused. All the time I was just playing a filial girl, even I started to doubt myself, if I could control other type of roles. It is Tim Gor (Lee Tim Shing) that woke me up. When we were shooting A Fistful of Stances, he told me I should just be happy when I'm happy, sad when I'm sad. It doesn't sound like any big principle, but that got me straight. It is the first time, I seriously got into the character. In fact, being a person is very simple, it is us that are making it complicated.

Didn't Cry it Out

When speaking of Amigo, Natalie was cheerful, but when speaking of rumored boyfriend Stephen Wong, she started laughing. NATALIE: "Haha, I don't even understand why everyone is saying Stephen is pursuing me. I don't feel it at all."


(Caption: Shawn Yue on the far left, was once Natalie's boyfriend: "He is not considered out-going, so you understand why we broke up.)

Does she believe it?

NATALIE: I'm not a dishonest bad guy, I put myself in other people's shoes. Towards other people's vows I have always been skeptical, especially those I personally witnessed to have too many lies. Clearly saying they are good brothers or good sisters, but in reality they are just third or fourth parties. How can you be so naive and believe that everyone ate a honest 'sweetened bean paste bun'?

Telling lies, to many people is a habit that cannot be controlled. So, between Natalie and Amigo, is there really just friendship? NATALIE explains with the statement: "If you haven't experienced a parent's death, then you won't understand."

When speaking of her mother, the atmosphere was completely different. Natalie was seen with tears in her eyes, looking as if she's about to cry, but trying hard to hold it in. She didn't let the sobs out, that is in fact more frightening than ever. Getting cheated by a lover, a difficult period, but she can still treat herself. How can that grief be deeper than losing a loved one?

NATALIE: So, for those who I lied to before, life is short, can you do something kind and forgive me?

Source: Next Magazine Issue#1117 | Credit: HKChannel
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét