09:00
0
Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) once represented the Hong Kong table tennis team [in overseas competitions] and played opposite Chai Bo Wah (齊寶華) and Chan Dan Lui (陳丹蕾). In 1994, he joined TVB’s acting class. Within two years, he signed with PolyGram to become a singer. After releasing only four songs, due to Universal acquiring PolyGram , Ruco’s music contract was not renewed. He switched his career to the ATV. Despite playing lead roles at ATV, the audience may not remember his name. Returning to TVB in 2008, Ruco played minor roles and started gaining the audience’s attention. His recent lead role in The Other Truth "真相" increased Ruco’s popularity sharply.

Asked whether he had disproved others’ impression of him, Ruco said, “Absolutely! Many people comment that I only possess a physical appearance. Since I was a former athlete, I value inner substance more.” In the entertainment industry for 17 years, Ruco admitted that he felt a sense of despair. “It may appear as if a lot of opportunities cropped up. However, there was always something missing. In the past, when I was playing cameo roles, people recognized me. Entering PolyGram, the outside world paid greater attention as well.”

Hiding In The Bathroom To Avoid Rejection

“After leaving TVB and Polygram, no one cared about you anymore. I was very unhappy. Sometimes, when attending a film premiere, there was no one who paid attention to you and take photos. I had very hard feelings. Later, I simply hid in the bathroom and waited until the premier started before going inside.”

As for the reason for leaving ATV, Ruco admitted, “The biggest problem at ATV was its constant organizational changes. At one time, I treated acting as only a job and lost all my passion. Thus, many friends suggested that I go to another place to improve and learn more.”

In The Other Truth, Ruco portrayed a lawyer very convincingly. Ruco credited his lawyer friends, “I have known Ching Hung (清洪) and his former mentee, Lung Chung Han (龍宗瀚), for over ten years. Ah Lung is Lam Doi’s (林黛) son and worked as a legal advisor in the past. I frequently meet them and a group of lawyer friends for drinks and learned many things. Portraying a lawyer in The Other Truth, I asked their advice on many matters.”

In addition, Ruco had dated Miss Asia 2008, Eunis Yiu (姚佳雯). Allegedly, the pair had broken up. However, other reports claimed that Ruco and Eunis lived together and turned their relationship underground.

Source: Appledaily
Translated by: JayneStars

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét