19:57
0
Michael Tong left TVB 4 years ago, and went to develop his acting career in Mainland all alone. Besides shooting TV series, recently he is also busy with film work. He said frankly he is grateful of the training TVB gave him over the years, and he will never forget their kindness.

Back then, Michael went to develop his career in the unfamiliar Mainland, he said frankly after all the hard work he went through, it strengthen him: "When I first got to Mainland, I didn't have a single friend, after time, I made some friends and slowly the market opened up and I started accepting series. In Mainland, making money is really not as easy as everyone thinks it is."

According to Michael, the reason for his departure from TVB 4 years ago was because of his personality, his urge to challenge himself, so he felt it was necessary for him to go work outside, and didn't want to be conservative: "I entered TVB in 2000. The day I'm a TVB artist, they will always be a respected mentor of mines. TVB gave me a lot of experience and training that I will never forget. My well-known mark, people giving me acting jobs, it is enormously due to the fact that my TVB series were broadcast in Mainland."

Michael currently has been in several TV series in Mainland and his career is stabled. Also, he signed with the management company SKYKEE, and is currently charging into the film scene. He already worked with both big and small directors, including Producer Gordon Chan's The Four Great Detectives, top filmmaker Hang-Sang Poon's Purple House and later he'll be starting Cicada's Summer.

Earlier Michael and Taiwanese actress Ruby Lin collaborated in the film Embroidered Shoes (tentative). Towards the collaboration with Ruby, he expressed she is very friendly: "First time working with her, we were shooting in Suzhou, she plays my sister-in-law. She's a very nice person and easy going." Michael expressed he won't give up on Mainland series, because film and TV audience are different, it's necessary and requires balance. Well worth the small extra difficulty.

Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét