20:32
0
This year 40 year old Kevin Cheng has reached the marriagable age. Earlier he and Charmaine Sheh had heated rumors, but that died down as Charmaine moves on to another male lead Moses Chan. Kevin smiled: "Actually just see what series is coming out, then that person would be the one promoted. If not rumoring me, then its Moses." Asked if the "fall out of love" him would feel jealous? He said: "No, so sweet. Next time maybe Bernice Liu (Moses' rumored girlfriend) will be for me? If there is a chance, I hope to collaborate with her and maybe start some rumors. (Earlier your face turned black when mentioning Charmaine?) That's just what the story says! I didn't have a black face. Perhaps my face is tanned! Ah! I'll try not to get tanned in the future, put on lighter make-up." After the rumors, Kevin breathes a sigh a relieve and can joke without any worries.

Rumors: Inevitable

Many think that rumors is used for survival in the entertainment industry, Kevin said it's inevitable: "Rumors is something that can keep popularity, but that's just a surface star. Ultimately your popularity is based on individual performance. How long can a rumor last? How long can those few extra jobs feed you? You can be out pretty quickly if you just count on rumors." As to the many artists being exposed of their marriages, Kevin who has been in the industry for more than 10 years and been single ever since, he expressed until he's at the stage of marriage, he won't announce who his other half is. He said: "Some people say that I'm afraid that it will affect my career, so I won't admit I'm dating. Actually I do hope to find a compatible partner too, but if she's someone outside of the industry, she definitely doesn't want to be pointed at by others. If she's someone from the industry, then we're afraid the rumors could impact our career. So everyone don't block me, don't teach me, let me develop on my own. "

He also revealed his expectations, there is no age limit: "Two years ago, my mother told me that if I want a baby, then do it now. She can even help me take care of my children, unfortunately I'm not even married yet. Hahaha.... so can't rush it. (How about a model that is 10+ years younger than you?) There is no age limit for me, the main focus is if its rushed or not. However, if she's older than me, then I'm afraid she might not be fertile."

Kevin is part of "TVB Party", don't want to be labeled

TVB executives recently been involved in a corruption case, which made many artistes involved and even split them into parties. He has always been said to be part of the "Virgina Lok Party". In 2008 during "Burning Flames 3", Wong He who is part of the "Stephen Chan Party" attracted rumors that Kevin and Wong He did not get along. Now that Stephen lost his power, Kevin said that he does not belong in any party: "I am part of the TVB Party. If you don't have good performance, then whoever got your back doesn't help either. TVB is a large corporation, they won't want a useless person: "I've filmed so many series, its been a long time since I've got 'on bad terms' rumors. (Unhappy?) The issue was a long time ago, but this is one of the series that I was most unhappy while filming."

Kevin admits that he is familiar with the executives, there are sweet and spicy: "There are many things that are easy to say, like discussing the contract. I would try to see if I can discuss of a higher... haha! But the final decision of course is left to TVB! As for the bad part, others will label you, no matter what you do, people will just think that it's because you are familiar with the executives and of the good relationship. This completely destroys your hard work. However at any level, I feel that opportunities are given by others. If you take advantage of that opportunity or not is up to you."

Acting: constantly appreciating

In 2006 at the "TVB Anniversary Awards", Kevin wrote the glorious chapter of his life. His hard work is finally recognized, depending on "Under the Canopy of Love", he earned the "Best Actor" status. However, this was also the time where the public criticized his acting. To step away from the "Canopy" fame, he tried different types of roles such as the big villain in "The Ultimate Crime Fighter" and stepping over the line role in "Last One Standing". Recently in his new series "A Fistful of Stances", he played 2 roles. He felt that actors have to constantly appreciate: "Every series is another experience. Before I took a lesson with Jim Chim, it's not because you think your performance wasn't good enough, but because a good actor will not always stay in the same phase. There needs to be constant input, allowing improvement."

Family: Grateful of Mother

During the interview, Kevin mentioned his 70 year old mother several times, he said if he didn't have her support, he would not have the success he has today. Kevin expressed that the most bitter years was when he was in Taiwan in 1997: "Back then, I went to Taiwan to develop my career. I released my first album and thought that I could start on my second, but because of the financial crisis, I had to wait year after year. Until 1999, I still had to wait. Those were the most bitter 2 years of my life. I was going back and forth from Hong Kong to Taiwan. Back then the trend in Taiwan was singing shows, but the fees received were nearly nothing and that was considered your on-screen exposure. "

In financial crisis, a big man putting out his hands to ask for money from his mother, how upsetting? However Kevin's mom was very supportive of her son's "dreams" and supported him with no questions asked. He gratefully said: "Mom told me to change my profession. She told me to go back to the States and finish the last year of my studies, graduate and get the civil engineering degree. However, I was too stubborn, I didn't want to hit rock bottom and then leave. I don't want people to eliminate me, I didn't want to carry the word 'failure' with me to switch to a new profession."

Return: Finally Success

Back then Dai Si Zong brought Kevin into the industry. Then because of the "lifelong contract", there were some issues. Kevin does not regret joining the entertainment circle: "Back then I didn't graduate from college, it's Teacher Dai who told me to enter the industry. Actually at that time I was not young, my father passed away during that period too. I really wanted to quickly earn money and I liked singing, so I had to suck it up and continue."

Currently Kevin has finally made some success being one of the first line Siu Sangs in TVB. Financially, he satisfies his mother's expectations. He said: "My mom is very happy now, at least she doesn't have to worry about me. Can finally drop the burden and it paid off too! At least every month there is enough leisure money. I just owe my mother a house, but the housing prices are so high, I have to keep working hard!"

Epilogue: Not willing to be harmed

Had always gone down the 'handsome' path, lately Kevin has been getting more and more gossips, but he smiled and said that this helps him maintain the 'true fire', he said: "Gossip news is really untrue. If it's not too over the line, I can just laugh it off. However, there are times where magazines wrote that I had bad attitude at public events, making the public misunderstand me. It's hard on me, it directly affects my income. I have tried to take legal action, but the lawyers told me the magazine writers were too skillful and was not able to do anything."

His acting was often criticized, until 2006 he became TV King for his role in "Under the Canopy of Love". He emotionally expressed: "Mom has supported me for 30 years. Tonight I can finally say that your son didn't choose the wrong profession!"

Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét